This is a Guest Post written by Mary. Thank you for your contribution!
More computer technicians are getting in on the act of working for themselves. This is a hot new trend that will likely not go away anytime soon.
- You can make more money: The number one reason that people want to work on a freelance basis is that they can make more money. When you work for a corporation you are often restricted or held back. When you work on your own, there is great potential for income.
- You can take on your own client load: You get to choose who you work with and how you work with them. No matter what you have a preference for, you can have that fulfilled when you choose for yourself. A lot of people in this role within a company get pigeon holed and that won’t happen when you work on your own.
- You can work for yourself: This is a reason that many people in many capacities work for themselves. There is a great deal to learn and to enjoy when you work for yourself and you don’t have any rules. This is a great reason to venture out for themselves and to make a name for yourself.
- You can actually learn more on the job: You get to choose what you work on and that can mean that you learn more. You can focus on a certain program or niche and that can really have some lasting effects. If you want to become more well versed ina certain area, this is a great way to do so.
- You have access to a lot of resources: You might not think it, but when you work for yourself you have great access to many different resources. There are so many organizations, groups, and sites out there dedicated to the freelance computer worker and therefore you have some great support.
- This seems to be the wave of the future: There are many companies that are starting to work more with computer technicians out on their own. Then they don’t have to pay the overhead associated with having their own computer personnel and that’s a huge benefit.
- You have far more stability in your work: There is great potential for those that work on their own. They can predict the workload and then adjust accordingly. This affords them a certain stability that doesn’t otherwise come their way.
- There is great opportunity associated with this: If you want to have the world at your fingertips, then this is the way to do it. When you work on your own, there is some wonderful opportunity associated with this. You can not only make some great money but you can also enjoy certain opportunities that may not otherwise be there.
- You can enjoy freedoms that you wouldn’t otherwise have: You are your own boss and therefore you can enjoy certain freedoms that others can’t. You don’t have to sweat it when you ask for a day off and you can enjoy time to yourself that you don’t otherwise have. This is a major selling point to enjoy!
- You can work on the types of issues that you enjoy working on: You are the one who is in control of your own destiny here. If you want to focus on certain areas, programs, or computer issues, then you decide that. You can market yourself appropriately and really benefit from this type of dedication.
There are more and more computer technicians that are venturing out on their own. This is a new wave of the future and it can really pay off in the long run.
Mary M. Fred writes often about potential career paths as well as what people can expect from a computer technician salary.
No Comments yet »
Leave a comment